Introducing the next-generation F-150. There are six powertrains choices to move you, including a hybrid for the first time in marque history. Three cab configurations: both long and short bed lengths to fit your lifestyle. It’s the toughest, most advanced F-150 to date, and set to outperform every other truck of its class in true F-150 tradition.
Whatever it is you’re looking for in a pickup truck, the new Ford F-150’s got you covered. For the off-roader: the Tremor model is backed by Hitachi Front Monotube, rear twin-tube shocks, higher ride height, 1″-wider stance, available Trail 1-Pedal Drive, available Trail Control™ and 18″ dark anodized-painted aluminum wheels with 33″ all-terrain tires. Customize it to your terrain and get ready to handle anything that Mother Nature throws at you.
What’s New for 2021?
As the best-selling series of trucks in Canada for 54 years, the Ford F-series has a winning pedigree.
The 2021 F-150 is all new from the ground up—redesigned to be the toughest, most capable F-150 pickup ever.
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The 2021 F-150 will be available with six different engine options: three gas-only V-6s, the new hybrid V-6, a diesel V-6 and the tried-and-true 5.0-liter V-8.
- Twin turbocharged 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6: 325 hp, 400 feet-pounds of torque
- Naturally aspirated 3.3-liter V-6: 290 hp, 265 feet-pounds of torque
- Twin turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6: 400 hp, 500 feet-pounds of torque
- Naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V-8: 400 hp, 410 feet-pounds of torque
- Turbo diesel 3.0-liter V-6: 250 hp, 440 feet-pounds of torque
- Twin turbocharged 3.5-liter PowerBoost V-6 hybrid: 430 hp, 570 feet-pounds of torque
With each engine is a 10-speed automatic transmission and choice between rear-wheel and four-wheel drive with any of the F-150’s powertrain options.
For the first time ever, the F-150 will be offered with an advanced hybrid powertrain, which consists of a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V-6, and 35 kW electric motor. Not only will it sport 430-hp and 570 lb-ft of torque, it will also offer 700 miles of driving range per 30.6 gallon tank.
Towing and Payload Capacity
The new F-150: the undisputed champion of movers and shakers.
- 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6: 10,100 lbs
- 3.3-liter V-6: 8,200 lbs
- 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6: 14,000 lbs
- 5.0-liter V-8: 13,000 lbs
- Turbo-diesel 3.0-liter V-6: 12,100 lbs
- 3.5-liter PowerBoost V-6: 12,700 lbs
Fuel Economy and Real-World MPG
21st century efficiency: get more done, consume less.
The new PowerBoost hybrid powertrain – harnessing the combined power of electricity and gas, the 2021 F-150 can travel up to 700 miles on one tank of fuel.
Other fuel-saving features include active aerodynamics, such as grille shutters that shut when cruising and an automatic front air dam that automatically deploys at 65 kph.
Interior, Comfort, and Cargo
With the new available Interior Work Surface, your F-150 is also your mobile office. The 10-speed automatic’s shift lever can be folded flat within the centre console to create a large flat workspace. With available bench seats, pivot the Interior Work Surface in an ergonomic position and get to work.
And once the work is over, the Max Recline Seats fold almost completely flat so you can take a well-deserved break. Passenger space is similar to the outgoing model, with the four-door crew-cab body style being the most spacious and family-friendly of the bunch.
Out back, the F-150’s bed features available powered running boards that extend down the side of the truck, to provide a handy step to comfortably reach into the cargo area.
The Class-Exclusive Onboard Generator provides up to an impressive 7.2-kW of power to support electricity needs at the job site or at tailgate parties.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The new Ford F-150 does it all—it’s your office, your personal bubble, and your home on the road. Now enhanced with a standard 8.0-inch infotainment display that runs new tech like the Sync 4 software, while a larger 12-inch unit touchscreen display is available. (For the XLT and standard on Lariat and above).
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are both standard across the board, as is built-in Wi-Fi hotspot functionality.
Sync 4’s new software provides over-the-air updates for future software releases, traffic and weather updates via the optional navigation system, and onboard telematics for fleet customers to help track vehicle location and usage.
Also included is Fordpass functionality. Fordpass is an app that allows you to control features of your F-150 right from your phone. Remote start and stop your vehicle with the tap of a button. Forgot your keys? Lock and unlock your car right from the app. You can even check your fuel level and oil with the tap of a finger.
Enjoy peace of mind knowing that roadside assistance is available through the app 24/7.
All these and more are available features in the Fordpass app.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
Sometimes it’s just you and your F-150 out there – fortunately, its one reliable companion.
The 2021 F-150 lineup is jam-packed with available features to help you out, whether you’re towing, changing lanes or finding a parking spot.
Some of the available features include:
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System): Alerts you if a vehicle is detected in your truck or trailer’s blind spots.
- Lane Keeping System: This smart feature scans your vehicle’s position in the lane and alerts you if you drift too close to the edge. Having trouble staying on track? After you’ve drifted a few times, it will show you a coffee cup icon, signalling that it’s time to take a break.
- Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control: We know you work hard, so let your F-150 take some of the load off you. Not only does this system help keep pace with the traffic ahead, but it can also help slow down your vehicle if traffic has slowed or stopped.
As soon as things clear, you’ll get right back to where you left off.
- With Speed Sign Recognition on, you can stay up to speed, even if the signs aren’t clear.
- Automatic Emergency Braking: Hazards can come up anywhere, at any time. This feature constantly scans the road ahead looking for potential collisions with other vehicles, pedestrians or objects. If an impact is imminent and you don’t take corrective action, its cat-like reflexes will brake for you automatically in the blink of an eye.
- LED Adaptive Dynamic Bending Headlamps: While the 2021 F-150’s LED projector headlamps won’t help you see through walls, this is the next best thing. The Adaptive Dynamic Bending Headlamps help give you a clear view of the road ahead, adjusting for clarity around curves and bends, and creating a wide beam to help illuminate your peripheral.
- On-Demand Rear View Camera: Whenever you want to check in with your trailer or see what’s behind you, the rear view camera provides a high-definition 180-degree view. The camera works on demand, so you don’t need to be reversing for it to be activated.
- Active Park Assist: Even for the best of us, parking can be troublesome, especially with a trailer. This feature makes parking a breeze. When engaged, it can help find you a potential spot. All you have to do is brake to a complete stop, shift into neutral and hold down the Active Park Assist button. Your F-150 does the rest. Active Park Assist 2.0 also offers help getting out with its side-sensing capabilities so you can confidently navigate out of a parking spot when someone has parked too close to you.
Warranty and Maintenance Coverage
Ford trucks standard with three years or 36,000 miles of bumper-to-bumper coverage, and five years or 60,000 miles of powertrain protection.